BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

I am trying to figure out why either my power outlet and…

Customer Question
Hello, I am trying...

Hello, I am trying to figure out why either my power outlet and cigarette lighter socket have no power. I have been trying to locate the fuse panel, but haven't had any success finding it. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thank You.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

There is no power to either on, although a few weeks ago the power outlet did work, but when I plugged a charger into it today, there wasn't any power. I tried the charger in my other vehicle and it worked fine.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2006 BMW 330xi

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 330xi yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have tried to find the location of the fuse box so that I can see if a fuse is blown or if it is another issue.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes, also the right rear door will not unlock with the rest of the doors, but it will lock with all of the doors.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: BMW
3/17/2018
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 1 month ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Hello what is the last 7 of the vin of your car?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't have it right in front of me, but I will be able to get it in a few minutes.
ok, I have it now. it is KV59084
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am not able to work on the car right now, but I would appreciate the help.
Roger, BMW Master Tech