BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

How should it take to replace the oil thermostat gasket

Second opinion] How long...

Second opinion] How long should it take to replace the oil thermostat gasket

3/16/2018
Chris (aka-Moose), BMW Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Can I get the year, make, model, and engine?

2009 BMW X5 4.8i

You wrote oil thermostat did you mean the engine cooling thermostat? If so then the labor is 1.6 hours to replace it.

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

Hi Chris,
It is my oil thermostat that is leaking.
Jack

I must not be familiar with that part nor can I find any information on it. Where is this on the car and maybe a picture of it?