BMW

Connect one-on-one with a verified bmw mechanic who will answer your question

JayPutelis
JayPutelis
JayPutelis, Shop Foreman/ BMW Master Tech

More related answers
All bmw mechanics are VERIFIED
2013 X6 went into neutral on freeway and unable to go back
Steve
Steve, Master's Degree
2013 X6 went into neutral on freeway and unable to go back into drive. Drift to a stop and car only reveved rpm's, could not get to drive. Cut off car and tried to restart hoping to reset whatever was… read more
2005 320i rh rear window issues, I have a basic diagnostic
Daniel, BMW Diagnostician
Second opinion] Hi 2005 320i rh rear window issues, I have a basic diagnostic tool which can read the codes A72c & A72d which I believe relates to the Hall sensors 1 & 2 for that window motor… read more
2010 BMW 328i Shows Code P1017. Symptoms are slightly rough
Steve
Steve, Master's Degree
2010 BMW 328i Shows Code P1017. Symptoms are slightly rough idle at cold start,but primary issue is after warmup, upon slowing for turn, etc. it suddenly starts choking, stalling, loss of power, etc. … read more
I have a 320i and the windows go down fine...but when I go
JayPutelis
i have a 320i and the windows go down fine...but when I go up they go a bit than on their own go back down..I have to go a little at a time and sort of trick em?… read more
BMW 330i: My winshield washer stopped working about the same
Brendan Block
Brendan Block, Technician/Motor Swap Specialist
My winshield washer stopped working about the same time as my rear window defroster. Are the problems related and what can be done to fix them? I may not have checked the right fuses.… read more
E90 - 320i: I just bought the 320i 2008 BMW from Japan. It
internal88
internal88, Product Manger
I just bought the 320i 2008 BMW from Japan. It has a mileage of approximately 95,500 kilometers. My mechanic had tested it thoroughly and found everything to be OK. Nothing appears to be over-used or … read more
Auto Zone..mirror..passenger door electric lock actuator to get fried
Roger, BMW Master Tech
Okay, I dropped in a new off the shelf battery from Auto Zone. They installed it at the store. Somehow (and no one can tell me how) this event caused the digital clock above the mirror and the passeng… read more
745li: wheels..me parking brake malfunction..neutral..grinding
Thebmwbum
Thebmwbum, BMW Foreman
car is an 03 745li. about 6months ago, i had some wheels on the car and i turned it all the way to an angle to the left and then applied the parking brake and the wheel retracted a little back to the … read more
fault STEERING LOCK FAULTY, ELECTRONIC STEERING WHEEL LOCK IS
bimmaster
bimmaster, BMW Technician
VEHICLE IS CUURENTLY RUNNING AND DISPLAYING THE FAULT "STEERING LOCK FAULTY, ELECTRONIC STEERING WHEEL LOCK IS NOT DISABLED. ONCE THE ENGINE HAS BEEN SWITCHED OFF ENGINE CANNOT BE RESTARTED. IF THE EN… read more
BMW: sedan..revs..out of 1st and seems to miss moving into 2nd gear
Clement
Clement, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
In late January 2010 I purchased second hand an Aug - Sept 2009 manufactured,late November plated 320i BMW sedan that was won in a white goods raffle by the original owner and sold to me having just 2… read more
2000 540i: Tonite, my turn signal light on dashboard..brakes
GEORGEBMW1
GEORGEBMW1, Auto Repair Shop Owner
I have a 2000 540i. Tonite, my turn signal light on dashboard stopped flashing (Left and right), yet the lights flashed outside. When I arrived home, the brakes lights remained on when the car was shu… read more
320i: everything is ok and the engine runs smoothly..same problem
Steve
Steve, Master's Degree
Hello all, I have a 320i auto which does not want to start when cold. Once it has started everything is ok and the engine runs smoothly. I have had this car at 3 different workshops and still experien… read more
heat nor the air conditioner blow hot or cold air..outside temp
Steve
Steve, Master's Degree
My Defrosters work fine, however, neither the heat nor the air conditioner blow hot or cold air into the car. Fans work fine, but only blow outside temp. air into the car. Air Conditioner compressor i… read more
2003 318i: battery light came..altenator is charging battery
GEORGEBMW1
GEORGEBMW1, Auto Repair Shop Owner
I have a 2003 318i that has just stopped runnung - battery light came on all power lost and car will not start - altenator is charging battery - any ideas ?… read more
2003 BMW 325i: the driveway and then put the car..high gear..restart
Steve
Steve, Master's Degree
My 2003 BMW 325i seems to have a problem with the transmission. When you start it up in the morning,warm it up a little bit and back out the driveway and then put the car the car in drive the car seem… read more
1997 540i: intermittently...had..master..me that one of my trans
Anthony
Anthony, Master Automobile Technician
1997 540i. auto transfail comes up intermittently, sometimes a lot, sometimes occasionally.had my certified master mechanic run diagnostics and he informed me that one of my trans. solenoids was bad. … read more
2005 330ci: coupe..owners manual..the seat and mirror memory is tied
Kellie
Kellie, Level 1 Technician
Hi folks. We own a 2005 330 CI coupe. I have read the owners manual and find the seat and mirror memory is tied together. The question is this: The drivers and passenger seats work electrically and in… read more
I have a bmw motorcycle with a warning light that I ...
RButcher
RButcher, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
I have a bmw motorcycle with a warning light that I don"t know what it''s telling me the problem. It''s a yellow circle with a exclamation in the middle of it ?… read more