BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

It has idling issues. It is a 2004 e46. It has abt 118000…

Customer Question
It has idling issues ...

It has idling issues

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine?

It is a 2004 e46

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '04 BMW?

It has abt 118000 km

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

3 series

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: BMW
3/14/2018
BMW Mechanic: Danny, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician
Please give me the fault codes from the vehicle, however get a can of brake cleaner or carb clean and spray around the bottom of the intake over where the air boot comes off to the mass airflow sensor it's really common for those to rip also there's a breather valve up under the intake manifold that fails and almost certainly those are the problem.If that ends up fixing the problem or I've answered the question to your satisfaction please remember to hit accept as that is the only way I get compensated for my time.If you have any follow-up questions please don't hesitate to ask