BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

I’ve got a 2F0D, 2EA1, and 2DED code. Can you please explain…

Customer Question
Hi. I’ve got...

Hi. I’ve got a 2F0D, 2EA1, and 2DED code. Can you please explain theses codes?

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

I’ve done a reset and both times these are the codes that come up.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your BMW?

2006 330xi

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 330xi yourself? What have you tried so far?

I’m in the research phase. I don’t want to order the wrong parts.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That’s it thanks.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: BMW
3/14/2018
BMW Mechanic: JayPutelis, Shop Foreman/ BMW Master Tech replied 6 months ago
JayPutelis
JayPutelis, Shop Foreman/ BMW Master Tech

Can you provide the last 7 digits of the VIN of the vehicle so I can assist you?

How many miles are on the vehicle?

Thanks, JP

WBAVD335X6KV62386 with 62605mi
What scan tool are you using to pull these codes? Is the car modified at all? Any recent repairs done? Do the codes come back after you drive for a while?
BM II iCarsoft. No recent repairs, no mods, and the codes do come back.

2F0D DME, radiator blind, activation

-This fault deals with the flaps installed behind the front kidney grilles. They close when the vehicle is warming up to allow a quicker warm up phase. A lot of cars did not have these installed, so this is just a software bug that will need to be reprogrammed out. These are plastic louvers that are installed horizontally to the vertical kidney grille slats behind them,.

2EA1 BSD, message oil condition sensor, missing

-This can usually be contributed to a faulty oil level sensor installed in the oil pan. It's what measures the oil level. I have also seen rodents chew the wires to the sensor causing the same fault.

2DED DME, power management; closed circuit current violation

-This is cause by a module or consumer in the vehicle that is staying awake once the vehicle has entered sleep mode after being shut off. Typically this fault occurs when a charging cable is kept plugged in to a USB port, even if the phone is not connected to it.

Hope this helps. please be sure to leave a positive rating, as this is the only way I receive credit for my work and time.

Thanks, JP

Please be sure to leave a positive rating, as this is the only way I receive credit for my work and time.

Thanks, JP