BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

I have a 2003 X5, I have a huge oil leak so let it sit for 2…

I have a 2003 X5...
I have a 2003 X5, I have a huge oil leak so let it sit for 2 days and battery died. It's asking for code now. I know my code but screen face is broke so I can't enter it. I need to start it to get it to mechanic. How exactly can I reset without putting code in? Thanks Lisa Mc
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/13/2018
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue

are u saying asking u for radio code ?

what security light doing on dash ,flashing,steady or goes out when key inserted ?

Try this procedure below and let me know

Master Reset

1-Disconnect Both Battery Cables ,Positive & Negative .
2- Touch Cables With Each Other For 60 Secs ( this will take any residual power in the Harness to Reset the Vehicle Modules )
3- Wait 30 min
4- Close all doors and trunk
5- Reconnect Battery Positive First
6- Use The Key in The Driver Side Door
Lock Cylinder to Lock it & Unlock,IF You have only a Key Fob ,use it to lock and unlock
7- Enter vehicle and Start it .

Please Let Me Know
Thank You
Chad Farhat

How long should I charge the battery b4 I do f2fghis?

the battery has to be fully charged and holding 12 volts

a weak battery will keep our anti theft triggered and will not start

can you check battery lisa ?

here in u.s ,local parts store check for free

I will let you know within the next couple hours. I live on a horse ranch and can't have alarm going off this early.

lol. i see, i live in kind in country too ,open spaces , Sounds goes long way :)

Read Below how to get back in touch with me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You?Chad Farhat?ASE Certified Technician

Chad Farhat

Thank you for the Rating & Bonus :)

hope it worked for you ,if not let Please me know

If you need my assistance in the future, Start your Question with (FOR CHAD FARHAT ONLY) or Go to my profile page
You can also add me as Favorite expert for any future questions
http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-chadfarhat/?rpt=3800