BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

How to reset the "Check Engine Soon" light in a 2006 BMW x3.

Customer Question
How to reset the "Check...
How to reset the "Check Engine Soon" light in a 2006 BMW x3. Tried removing the battery cables, touching them together for a 15-20 second period as per a "THis works on ALL BMWs" video on YouTube. Nada. Still lit up. Was a misfiring problem that was corrected. Have been through 5-6 startup cycles since fixing the issue.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: BMW
3/12/2018
BMW Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Removing the battery cable will clear the fault code is the problem has been resolved. If the light is returning then that means the computer is still seeing a system fault. Can you scan the computer system and see what the fault code and or codes are that are still setting?

I'll have to run back down to the auto parts store... Will get back to you later on it. In the middle of workday now LOL. Thanks!

No problem, take your time, post back when you can and we can work from there.