Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.
8631066

How to reset the "Check Engine Soon" light in a 2006 BMW x3.

Customer Question

How to reset the "Check Engine Soon" light in a 2006 BMW x3. Tried removing the battery cables, touching them together for a 15-20 second period as per a "THis works on ALL BMWs" video on YouTube. Nada. Still lit up. Was a misfiring problem that was corrected. Have been through 5-6 startup cycles since fixing the issue.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.

Removing the battery cable will clear the fault code is the problem has been resolved. If the light is returning then that means the computer is still seeing a system fault. Can you scan the computer system and see what the fault code and or codes are that are still setting?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I'll have to run back down to the auto parts store... Will get back to you later on it. In the middle of workday now LOL. Thanks!
Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.

No problem, take your time, post back when you can and we can work from there.