BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

2001 bmw 740i 4.4L. Small antifreeze leak that dripping down…

2001 bmw 740i 4.4L. Small...
2001 bmw 740i 4.4L. Small antifreeze leak that dripping down the bell housing. I’ve check the heater control valve and all the hoses and clamps are good. I can’t see a leak, they’re looks to be fluid right where the intake and block meet in those valleys. Where would a leak be causing that
3/11/2018
Matt, Engineer

Hello and welcome to Just Answer

A fairly common place for these engines to leak is the 2 heater hoses that run out the back of the block through the bulkhead to the heater matrix inside the car, and this would fit your location of the issue

they can also leak from the valley gasket where the coolant leaves the cylinder head , this is a bit more involved of course as the inlet manifold has to come off to replace it

and also check the state of rad ends while you're there as these are a weak point

Hi
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies
Thanks Matt

Matt, Engineer