BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

I changed the Battery on my BMW and I need a radio code but…

Customer Question
Hi I changed the Battery...
Hi I changed the Battery on my BMW and I need a radio code but have literally got no money left spent all my money on a new battery and fuel filters. Can anyone get one for me for free?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: BMW
3/10/2018
BMW Mechanic: DubAutowerks, Volkswagen and Audi expert replied 6 months ago
DubAutowerks
DubAutowerks, Volkswagen and Audi expert
The dealerships are supposed to give you the code for free so I would check with them. Also out of curiosity what year is your vehicle? After certain year you have to actually register the battery with the car and if you don't the battery can blow up and it will fry your electrical system from overcharging. Please let me know what year the vehicle was manufactured.