BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

I own '07 525Xi, never in an accident, is now an extra car.

I own '07 525Xi...

I own '07 525Xi, never in an accident, is now an extra car. It sat for 3 months, and needed to charge the battery overnight. When it started, it read 'AWD and DSC Malfunction', then went away. While driving it, it came back on, then went away.

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yes, the headlights come on, & battery fully charged. car just started fine

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 525xi yourself? What have you tried so far?

I've not tried anything, not capable of repairing myself

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Car ran great yesterday on 2 30-mile trips to & from work

3/8/2018
Gunvir Singh

Hello, let me review your request. Please stand by.

Sorry about the hold. When the light came on second time when driving, did it go off when vehicle was been driven or you had to turn the vehicle on and off?

Hmm- my wife was driving, let me call her to find out

Ok. Also when the vehicle sat for 3 months was the battery completely dead or the dash lights were coming on when you tried to start?

She pulled off the road, called local bmw dealer. The light went off on its own, & stayed off the rest of the drive
The battery was fully discharged- nothing came on

Ok. More than likely the dsc system got reset and needs to be calibrated as the battery was died. Most of the time the computer relearns just by driving the vehicle. If the problem persists then acompatible scan tool will be needed to read codes and calibrate if needed.

Ok, thank you!!

You're welcome and good luck with your vehicle, And please don’t forget to rate my performance in the upper left corner otherwise i don’t get compensated. Thank you and have a blessed day.

Is there a risk driving the car as is for a couple days?

As long as the vehicle is driving fine, it should be no problem driving.

Gunvir Singh