BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

5 month old '17 320i w/1500 mi. Had to replace headline.

Customer Question
5 month old '17...

5 month old '17 320i w/1500 mi. Had to replace headline. Since then whenever car sits for more than 2 days, will not start. Battery does not seem to hold a charge.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Terminals are clean.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 320i yourself? What have you tried so far?

Whenever will not start , I use a trickle charger. Then drive for several miles after starting. Seems if car is locked & sits for more than 24 hours, car will not turn over.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: BMW
3/6/2018
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 1 month ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Hi there, welcome
What was the replaced? I am not sure what you are referring to as headline?
Roger, BMW Master Tech