BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

I have a 2011 Mini S. My rear running lights will not come…

I have a 2011...

I have a 2011 Mini Cooper S. My rear running lights will not come on, the front marker lights work, all brake, turn, backup lights come on but no running lights

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?

Yes, it is full and changed june of last year

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, just checked all lights, fuses, and checked for power at the taillight connection with the switch on. The closest mini dealer is a few hours away

3/3/2018
Kevin
Kevin, BMW Mechanic
Hi I’m levin on this particular system if you’ve replaced bulbs and checked connections it’s likely that the footwell module that controls all the lighting systems has failed on this circuit . This can only be tested and confirmed with dealer diagnostic tool and can also only be replaced with dealer diagnostic tool as a new footwell module need to be programmed to your vehicle
Thank you, ***** ***** get it to the shop.
No problem at all . Please let me know if you need anything else at all and remember to rate my service
Kevin
Kevin, BMW Mechanic