BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

No sound coming from my satellite radio. mute is off,

No sound coming from...

No sound coming from my satellite radio. mute is off, bluetooth is off on mobile phone. its a new activation bot sirius has said that the vehicle accepted the signal.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?

Came with the car

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your BMW?

2013 328i convertible

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Convertible yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked fuses for the radio and found two missing according to the fuse diagram

Answered in 5 days by:
3/8/2018
JayPutelis
JayPutelis, Shop Foreman/ BMW Master Tech

Hi there,

Do you still need assistance, if so can you provide the VIN of the vehicle so I can look at the correct wiring diagrams?

Thanks, JP

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
WBADW3C50DJ52645

I'm sorry, can you double check those digits. It is not coming up in my system, or any VIN decoder.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
WBADW3C50DJ526456
Sorry

When you are trying to use the satellite radio, does the station come on ok in the radio display? Or is there just no sound output? Does it say "no signal"?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
All the stations come up but it always says it’s ‘aquiring’ but never really does.

It sounds like you have an antenna problem. The antenna for the satellite radio on your car is on the trunk lid. The only way to test is to plug in a good known antenna though. The dealer should have a test unit they can use to plug in, they shouldn't charge you more than an hours labor to do so. If the antenna is not the issue, than the cable from the antenna to the radio is, and this is very labor intensive.

Hope this helps, please be sure to leave a positive rating, as this is the only way I receive credit for my work and time.

Thanks, JP

JayPutelis
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you Jay. I came to that conclusion a couple of days ago after researching many forums but you have confirmed my suspicion.
JayPutelis
JayPutelis