BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

Break light is on and shows a car on a lift just had shock…

Customer Question
Break light is on...

Break light is on and shows a car on a lift just had shock done

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?

Idk

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your BMW?

2011 328i

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 328i yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I have to bring it to the mechanic

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: BMW
Anyone there
2/7/2018
BMW Mechanic: Danny, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician
Have you tried going into the display on the dash with the MMI controls and taking it out of lift mode? When the vehicle is put into lift mode it shows that symbol. Being that it doesn't say suspension fault I think it just needs to be taken out of lift mode.Is the brake light yellow or red? Is there also an abs or traction control light on?
It's red no and or traction light
Ok try going into the MMI display and look around in service functions to take it from lift mode.Check the brake fluid level, that's what generally causes the red brake light.
Danny
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician