BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

I have a 2002 325xi with around 140k miles on it and when i…

Customer Question
Hi Steve, I have...

Hi Steve, I have a 2002 325xi with around 140k miles on it and when i bought the car it had the SES light on and it was reading random misfires and lean codes. Since then i have replaced; Valve cover gasket, coil packs, spark plugs, CCV and all vacuum hoses, fuel pump(the car would not run under 1/4 tank of gas) and replaced the Disa. What is going on with it now. The misfires have stopped, but the car literally feels like its going to bog itself out when i drive it at normal speeds, and the average fuel economy indicator goes all the way to the right getting the absolute worst gas mileage. But when i hold the gas pedal to the floor the car runs amazing and picks up speed very fast. The check engine light is off and i have no way of figuring this out myself, I'm 18 and ive had a couple people also look at it and they all scratch their head and don't have the slightest clue. If you could get back to me as soon as possible that would be greatly appreciated.

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

It stays on

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 325xi yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes i am fixing the car myself because i cannot afford to bring it to a garage. So far ive replaced the following; Valve Cover Gasket, Coil Packs, Spark Plugs, CCV Oil Separator and Vacuum Hoses, and the DISA valve

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that's about all of it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: BMW
2/7/2018
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 4 months ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Hi there how can I help you with this? Did you want to know possible causes?