BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

2009 BMW Z4 roof is stuck. Looks closed but isn't locked so…

2009 BMW Z4 roof...

2009 BMW Z4 roof is stuck. Looks closed but isn't locked so "roof impaired" message and red light flashing on button.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?

Roof open light. staedy red blink

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Z4 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'd like to reset it but don't know how. Windows are not operational with roof unlocked

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/23/2018
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
hello what is the last 7 of the vin?
E165402
Thanks for providing the vin. Unfortunately there is no simple reset for this on this vehicle. There is a fault in the system which will need to be corrected before the warning will shut off. You can try pushing down on the various roof sections to ensure full closure and proper trigger of the sensors that monitor this, but unfortunately you will likely need to have a sensor replaced or roof mechanically adjusted to correct the issue. I’m sorry I can’t have a simpler answer but trust that my honest and prompt reply is appreciated. Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
That sucks...but thanks
You are welcome please do not forget to select a positive rating