BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

I need instructions to replace the active driver head

I need instructions to...

I need instructions to replace the active driver head restraint system with a crash-activated restraint repair kit for a 2011 328i Convertible. no accident was involved, but is showing a warning for the restraint system.

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Saab Convertible. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

It's a BMW 328I convertible

1/19/2018
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, I have directions to replace the driver head restraint, but need a part number on the repair kit to see if I have those directions as well

Hello Eric. Per the BMW quote the part is: 52-10-9-169-585 Repair Kit, Crash-Active Headrest; 521099.
Thanks, Pat

HI,

Ok, I show that part number as the deploy canister/pyroactivator gas cartridge.

I do have those directions. It will take about 15-20 minutes to upload them to a pdf file for you

Ok.. just to restate. It's for a 2011 BMW 328i Convertible, it has the headrest and seatbelt support mechanism along the side of the seat, versus two long prongs holding the headrest in place. Thanks, Pat

HI,

Ok, directions are too big of a file for this site's uploader, so I have uploaded them to a mediashare, a free file sharer. Below is link. Copy and paste to your browser

http://www.mediafire.com/file/f1t1rattebmn31f/head_restraint_repair.pdf

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate pop up rating page. Thank you

Please note that your expert pays for requested directions out of pocket for your benefit. Failure to give a positive rating means that the expert will no longer be able to provide this service at substantial savings to you

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager