BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

I. Continuing question about the 2006 BMW X3. I tried to get…

I Steve. Continuing question about...
I Steve. Continuing question about the 2006 BMW X3. I tried to get it towed to my mechanic today to test the starter, what we don't have a tow Bolt. I don't want to buy it from the dealer it's expensive. Do you know what size thread the tow bolt is so that I can pick one up at a construction supply? Or I can even make one I used to work with metal and pipe threads
1/18/2018
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
hi, give me a moment.
this thread is a custom size, you could probably force in a M16x3 or a acme 5/8 8, however neither is a perfect match. I would recommend ordering a cheap tow hook online.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you.
Ok. Would you recommend an online vender?
I would just buy the cheapest original BMW one you can find
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-bmw-parts/towing-eye-hook/72157070643/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIybuvh97i2AIVTWB-Ch3SjgOZEAQYBSABEgLDBvD_BwE
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.X72157070643.TRS0&_nkw=72157070643&_sacat=0
https://www.getbmwparts.com/parts/index.cfm?searchText=+%0972157070643&make=BMW&action=oePartSearch&siteid=214672
please do not forget to click on a positive rating
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert