BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

Goes into EML in very hot weather 90+ or very cold weather.

Goes into EML in...

Goes into EML in very hot weather 90+ or very cold weather . codes P0601, P0126, P1580 I ASSUME ITS THE THROTTLE BODY OR IDLE CONTROL VALVE

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine?

120,000 328I

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 328i yourself? What have you tried so far?

TOOK IT TO AN IMPORT SHOP SPENT 3,000 ON REPAIRS, FIXED NOTHING. THEY CLEANED ALL THWE HARNESS CONNECTIONS

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

NOTICED THE OTHER DAY THE ANTI LOCK LIGHT CAME ON WHEN I TOOK FOOT OFF GAS, AND THEN THE eml. IF I GAVE GAS THEY WENT OFF

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/17/2018
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Hi what is th me last 7 of the vin?
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
JR58538
LAST 7 IS JR58538
IN THE SUMMER IT WOULD GO INTO EML ON HOT Days. still would go about 45mph. now it sputters and im lucky to get it off the road.
if i turn off for 2 minutes it resets, and sometimes stays ok
Phone call session started