BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

I recently removed my stero because of it not working. It's…

I recently removed my...

I recently removed my stero because of it not working. It's asking for a code

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse?

I've installed another stero, so I believe the fuse is fine.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your BMW?

740il/1994

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I've tried nothing. I just haven't been able to find the code.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's all

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/16/2018
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert

Hello and welcome,

My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.

Hey Steve
I was wondering if you could help me find the code for my stereo

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

Sorry to hear of your troubles.

For security reasons, for your protection we are prohibited from giving out the code to your radio. This measure is put in place to prevent thefts, and we want to keep you and everyone else safe. But the good news is, you can get the code from your local dealer, often for free, by showing proof of ownership. You can find your nearest dealership here: https://www.bmwusa.com/dealer.html

Thank you for visiting Just Answer and if you have any other questions please feel free to hit the reply button. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

did you have additional questions?
I can assure you that I'm the legal owner of the vehicle.
unfortunately this is a policy which I cannot work around. I am not allowed to provide codes. Please do not forget to click a positive rating
It is more convenient to get my answer online rather than the dealer, but if need be, I will stop by my local dealer
Thank you

you are welcome. please do not forget to select a positive rating

Steve
Steve, BMW Expert