BMW

BMW Questions? Ask a BMW Repair Expert for Answers.

BMW

2011 328i xDrive 3.0 when its cold won't start or run as…

2011 328i xDrive 3.0 when...
2011 328i xDrive 3.0 when its cold won't start or run as soon as it warms up it will start and sputter for a minute then runs perfect.
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/16/2018
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
What is the vin?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
vin WBAPK7C55BF087416

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

thanks for providing the vin

this issue is usually caused by a faulty temp sensor or faulty eccentric shaft sensor on the engine that is used in your vehicle - both are common problems, the eccentric shaft sensor more so.
if you need a good non dealer option to cut down on costs, check out www.bimmershops.com or www.bimrs.org for options.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The ambient or cooling sensor?
the engine coolant temp sensor. Please do not forget to click on a positive rating
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok thanks

you are welcome. Please do not forget to click on a positive rating

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok,it might be a day or 2 before i can check this,its way too cold to be outside

as the question has been answered, please kindly click on a positive rating. if you would like to follow up, you can do so at any time after rating today. thank you in advance.

Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Steve
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert