BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

On my 2011 328i BMW doors and trunk are locked. I removed…

On my 2011 328i...

On my 2011 328i BMW doors and trunk are locked. I removed the battery to replace it.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?

98000 and this is the first time.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 328i yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I bought a battery and am trying to replace it. I have not done anything. I have looked at you tube .

1/16/2018
Chris (aka-Moose), BMW Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Sounds like you need to get power to the vehicle to get the doors back open so you can replace the battery. You can do this with jumper cables connected to the chassis and to the large wire on the starter or alternator from under the front of the vehicle.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Chris (aka-Moose), BMW Technician
Thanks I will try this.

Keep in touch if needed