BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

2006 E90 330i. When i pull the wiper stalk towards me,

Customer Question
2006 E90 330i. When...

2006 E90 330i. When i pull the wiper stalk towards me, wipers do not come on and no fluid comes out. Air temp is 20C. Reservoir is full. Noticed left headlamp washer does not always retract. Checked fuse 63. It is good.

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?

Sorry air temp 20F!!

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 330i yourself? What have you tried so far?

No just the one in the glove box

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just to try to find the relevant fuse/relay. Found fuse 63 which has a picture of windshield wash next to it.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: BMW
1/15/2018
BMW Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), BMW Technician replied 4 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), BMW Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Is the washer fluid frozen?

Can you do electrical testing with a voltmeter or test light?

I have a multimeter. It shouldn't be. It is supposed to be good for -20F. It ran out last week. I put in a gallon, and then drove 100 miles. I was hoping that would unfreeze any parts of the system, but alas, no
The odd thing is that the wipers are not actuated when I pull the lever.
Which time zone are you in? I am in CST.

I am on central time but I am not online at the time you responded this morning. I logged off at 4 am this morning from working 12 hours already.

Here is your wire diagram. https://www.dropbox.com/s/rwj10vatko03zas/330i.pdf?dl=0

Do you have a touring model?

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Roger, BMW Master Tech