BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

I keep getting a few codes from the check engine light.

I keep getting a...

I keep getting a few codes from the check engine light. P00BC, P0174 and P0171

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Stays on

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your BMW?

2010 328i x drive

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 328i yourself? What have you tried so far?

I had to replace the crankcase ventilation hose and i had to disassemble the intake manifold to do so. the codes stated after that

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have cleaned the MAf a couple times. k

1/11/2018
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
did you have any codes before you did the work?
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
no, i had an oil leak which was repaired by replacing the gasket. at that time the hose broke and had to be replaced. it also has an occasional idle fluctuation. 450 rpms then back to 700, then settles at 600. but only sometimes. Also, when i reset the check engine light it might take a full day for it to trip again. car runs fine on highway and there is no hesitation on acceleration.
Phone call session started