BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

I've been having issues with misfire...car threw a P0302…

Customer Question
I've been having issues...

I've been having issues with misfire...car threw a P0302 code. Drove it honme and shut it off. Next day I picked up a new coil for #2 cylinder and replaced it along with new spark plugs.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you seen the misfire code before? Has the car been stalling?

Sorry...I accidentally hit send. Yes it came up a couple of times prior. However now the car won't start at all. Turns over..has spark and getting fuel. I can't imagine that something else has failed while sitting.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your BMW?

2011 323i

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 323i yourself? What have you tried so far?

I disconnected the battery and re-connected. No go.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats about it

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: BMW
1/9/2018
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 6 months ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Hello and welcome,

My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
what is fuel pressure and compression?
I havenot checked either. I can't imagine another problem arrising just from sitting in the driceway. Thought maybe it was something simple. I did erase the code before I started it after the change. Could this have confused the computer?

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

no, that didnt confuse the computer.
if you have a single cylinder missfire the next thing to do would be to swap injectors to see if the fault moves
if not, compression test is next, followed by fuel pressure check.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Swapping the coils now isn't an option as it simpky doesn't start. I tried re-installing the old coil, to see if it would have reverted to the way it ran before...which was rough, like missinfire, but it still won't start. I fuess maybe it was a fuel pressur problem all along. However it is still getting spark and the pkugs were wet with fuel. So I kinda ruled out those issues...and was thinking an air problem...but it all seems strange after it ran fine up until the coil change.

what is fuel pressure?