BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

Intermittant fuel pump. Replaced fuel pump on 2004 325i.

Customer Question
Intermittant fuel pump. Replaced...

Intermittant fuel pump. Replaced fuel pump on 2004 325i. Fuel gauge reads empty. Tank is fumm Full.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?

Unsure. Sister bought used

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 325i yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. Car ''died" out. Used throttle body cleaner in intake to determine no fuel issue. Car starts with supplies fuel

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Fuel sending unit wires are crossed when compared to old pump. New pump from oreillys

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: BMW
1/8/2018
BMW Mechanic: Marty, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician

Hi, my name is***** do you mean by "intermittent fuel pump"?

Roger, BMW Master Tech