BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

Glove box problem. Top leather coming away from plastic

Customer Question
Glove box problem....

Glove box problem. Top leather coming away from plastic frame. Difficult to get clamps in to hold after gluing

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your BMW?

2008 x5

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your X5 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Have tried once unsuccessfully Can.t get clamps on after gluing

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: BMW
1/8/2018
BMW Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), BMW Technician replied 6 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), BMW Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Can you send me some pictures to see if I can come up with a better idea?

Will try to glue, but getting clamps to attach at the top is a problem
No. Shall try myself. Please refund the $5 as web site says
No