BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

Loud knocking noise. 2 days right side of engine. 2007 bmw…

Customer Question
Loud knocking noise Mechanic's...

Loud knocking noise

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

2 days right side of engine

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your BMW?

2007 bmw 550i v8

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 550i yourself? What have you tried so far?

Taking to a shop on monday prob. had a friend look at it but its out of his league

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Are they local?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: BMW
1/7/2018
BMW Mechanic: Mike, Auto Mechanic replied 6 months ago
Mike, Auto Mechanic

Hello, my name is***** will be helping you out! I have over thirteen year of experience in the automotive industry for numerous different makes & models. I enjoy doing what I do, it is my life.

There are several possibilities for a knocking noise, can be bad lifters, camshaft, low on oil or the sleeve for the head itself. It can also even be bad spark plugs (depending on how it sounds)

We are not local mechanics/techs we just do our very best to answer your questions you have. Oil passages for the right head can also be a possibility, you will need to take it to a expert that can further assist you on the situation to help you understand whats going on. If you want to send a recording I can try to assist you. Sometimes a bad valve can cause this as well. If there is no misfire issues then it is likely not a bad valve or valve spring. Hope this information helps you.