BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

Strange Hummm noise on the passenger side when the car is in…

Customer Question
Strange Hummm noise on...

Strange Hummm noise on the passenger side when the car is in slow speed and acceleration panel slightly press down. What is its problem?

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the fuel filters?

This is 2013 535i, I think its transmission is 4 years old.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 535i yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, I didn't check fuel filter yet, show me where it's located I may fix it by myself

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That is it, just a noise

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: BMW
1/7/2018
BMW Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

You could have quite a few things going on and it will require some in person diagnostics to determine exactly what is causing the noise. You could be hearing exhaust noise, it could be an engine driven accessory, possibly something transmission or drivetrain related.

Are you able to upload a recording of the noise?

Thank you for your response. 2 weeks ago, the expert Master BMW where I took my car for check it out. they spent almost an hour but he let me go with no charge and follow an answer:"I couldn't find any problem with the noise". it sounds like very rare happened, isn't it? I am not able to record but if your research ends up something practical I will listen. Thanks

Were they not able to duplicate the noise?