BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

I have a 2008 BMW 328i. Some of the lights won't work this…

I have a 2008...

I have a 2008 BMW 328i. Some of the lights won't work this all started after the battery went bad. I was told it could be a bad light control module where is it located

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

Yes I put a new one in

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '08 BMW?

328i

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 328i yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am. Replaced battery and checked fuses

1/6/2018
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
What is the last 7 of the vin?
KX84907
This vehicle uses a footwell module not a light module. It is the likely cause. It is in the drivers footwell left side. Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Okay and I also had a code for a bad 30a fuse is there more fuses than what is located behind the glove box
There are some in the e box under the hood but the main ones are behind glove box. Please do not forget to click a positive rating
Did you have additional questions?
Is there a certain fuse that goes to that footwell module

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

the fuses are 41 81 84 86 As the question has been answered please kindly click on a positive rating

Steve
Steve, BMW Expert