BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

Parking brake is engaged and I can't start or put my 2007…

Customer Question
Parking brake is engaged...

Parking brake is engaged and I can't start or put my 2007 750Li into gear

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

Well I got the car in May of 2017 and I took the car to be serviced yesterday it was running fine until this morning

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 750li yourself? What have you tried so far?

I tried looking for the parking brake fuse but I can't seem to locate it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's all

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: BMW
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/6/2018
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 8 months ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
I have offered a phone call per your request. Please let me know if you would prefer to continue via text
No just text me
ok so your parking brake is stuck on and you would like to know how to get it off?
please

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

the parking brake has failed. it is an electronic unit under the floor in the trunk, here are the instructions to manually release it: https://app.box.com/s/33bwgfukq29g3d187afeytw8wva09u53

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle..