BMW

BMW Questions? Ask a BMW Repair Expert for Answers.

BMW

My 96 bmw 70il has no heat ,and when i tap on the heater…

Customer Question
My 96 bmw 70il...

My 96 bmw 70il has no heat ,and when i tap on the heater control valve it wors for a min or so

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working? What about the coolant level?

I top off the coolant and it did come on but the driverside is blowing cool air

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 740il yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes i fill the coolant level and bled the air out very littele air and i tap on the heater control valve and it got hot inside

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

What else could it be

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: BMW
1/6/2018
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 1 month ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
hi have you replaced the heater valve?
Roger, BMW Master Tech