BMW

BMW Questions? Ask a BMW Repair Expert for Answers.

BMW

P22AA and P2AAA OBDII Codes. P22AA and P2AAA OBDII Codes,

Customer Question
P22AA and P2AAA OBDII...

P22AA and P2AAA OBDII Codes

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

P22AA and P2AAA OBDII Codes, I've tried resetting and they come back. Engine has been vibrating badly since I hit a pothole.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your BMW?

2008 328i (E93) Convertible

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Convertible yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing yet...Just rn the codes when the SES light came on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I just need to know what the codes mean, as I can't find anything online

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: BMW
1/4/2018
BMW Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 1 month ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you,I will try to help you with this issue

what scanner was used to retrieve fault codes ,these fault codes coming up invalid

what is the vin# *****

If you do not mind me asking ,are you looking at fixing this yourself or looking to know the most possible cause of this issue and taking it to repair shop for the work ?

Do you have any prior experience in electrical troubleshooting and testing with a test light for power & ground ?

Do have a power probe for testing ?

Do you have a test light so we can check for spark ?

Do you have fuel pressure tester to check for fuel ?

Did you scan it with factory scanner or equivalent to retrieve faults codes for vehicle modules ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Roger, BMW Master Tech