BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

Because of dead battery can not adjust seats, lock car and…

Customer Question
Because of dead battery...

Because of dead battery can not adjust seats, lock car and open windows. It is a 20911 DB9

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

The BMW mechanics said it wae 90

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your DB9?

2011

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your DB9 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Disconnect the negative cable to restart system as recommended by my scotsdale Penske dealer. My car is in Santa Fe MN. Battery full charge last night

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

How to reset the car computers

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: BMW
Answered in 1 day by:
1/5/2018
BMW Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 6 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In allot of cases what has to be done after the battery issue is repaired is to have the fault codes cleared out in all computers using a fully compatible scan tool that will plug into your model and can read all computers in your model.Once this is done this should allow these components to operate again.If this was already checked or done and did not resolve the fault here let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete