BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

Jump my x3 and not start. Hear clicking noise in dash and…

Customer Question
Jump my x3 and...

Jump my x3 and not start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Hear clicking noise in dash and click not come on and radio not work good

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your X3?

2005

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your X3 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Was jump start now not start

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just click noise in dash and click not work

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: BMW
1/3/2018
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 7 months ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
What does click not work refer to?
Goodyear n Midas say battery and charger OKBut still use a battery to jump start.Now not jump start
Terminal cables secureWas making click noise in motor when try jump start.

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

if it is making a click it is either not enough power at the starter (usually due to a weak battery) or a bad starter.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.