BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

Transponders will not work, I have changed batteries. Car…

Customer Question
Transponders will not work...

Transponders will not work, I have changed batteries

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

Car battery is fine

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2010 mini hatchback

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?

Changed bateries in the electronic key

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: BMW
Non of the lock unlock or start functions will work off the key fob. However, if I manually insert the key and start the car, then remove it the mini will start without the key inserted.
Answered in 1 day by:
1/5/2018
BMW Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 6 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This sounds to be a fault with the control unit/ecu for the remotes.I have seen this control unit/receiver fail before causing this type of fault here.What needs to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked using a fully compatible scan tool or computer plugged into your model vehicle to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set then need to be diagnosed to then locate and repair this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Your response just does not work, trying to save money not spend it. The cost for your advise is $191.00 U.S., I checked three places. Please refund my money