BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

It is a 2004 545i. The cluster lights and gages are not

Customer Question
It is a 2004...

It is a 2004 545i. The cluster lights and gages are not working., speedometer, RPM, consumption, all gages not working. The fuses are OK.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

THE LIGHTS that are on when driving, the date, fuel, odometer, all of them plus the gages.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 545i yourself? What have you tried so far?

I only checked the fuses.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes, the computer says: high drain on the battery.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: BMW
1/1/2018
BMW Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 6 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you,I will try to help you with this issue

we need to find the circuit draining first

can you do below procedure

Battery Drainage Test

1- Voltmeter
2- settings on voltmeter will be on milli amps.
3- go across all the fuses in the car and see which one is reading higher than 0.3 to 0.5 milli amps
4- the fuse drawing more than 0.5 miili amps ,will be the suspected circuit that needs inspection for the drainage.

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat