BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

3281 with 186,316 mileage and dealership estimated $4215 in…

Customer Question
3281 with 186,316 mileage...

3281 with 186,316 mileage and dealership estimated $4215 in repairs needed. Trying to decide whether to fix outside dealership with certified technician somewhere else or just buy another car. I I'm female graduate student who is now on a much lower budget

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your BMW?

2008

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Will cost $4215 at dealership, but might can find someone BMW certified locally, but just don't want to waste money since in much lower budget/income status as graduate student

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just trying to decide if should just buy new car due to repairs needed and a 2008

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: BMW
12/31/2017
BMW Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 8 months ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

It's always a good idea to get more than one estimate, but also remember to compare work quality and warranties, that's very important too.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Did you have any more questions for me in this chat session?

Thanks again, Ron