BMW

BMW Questions? Ask a BMW Repair Expert for Answers.

BMW

CD player inoperable, would like to upgrade my audio system…

Customer Question
CD player inoperable, would...

CD player inoperable, would like to upgrade my audio system to newer head unit that will allow me to get satellite radio and control my iPod/iPhone through my vehicle's existing wheel controls - if I could upgrade the navy system as well, that would be great.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?

Factory unit right now, looking for options.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your BMW?

2007 335i convertible

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Convertible yourself? What have you tried so far?

I've tried nothing so far. Trying to determine what my options are.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: BMW
Answered in 1 day by:
1/1/2018
BMW Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 1 month ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The best thing to do here is to visit a stereo install facility to see what they offer to replace this with.They will also have an upgrade kit that is used to wire your vehicles existing harness to your new radio and will let you know which model radios will work in your vehicle for what you want.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician