BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

New mass air flow 02 bmw 325i. car is still stuck on limp…

Customer Question
New mass air flow...

New mass air flow 02 bmw 325i. car is still stuck on limp mode even with it plugged in. MAF is only a day old

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? How many miles are on the car?

143k since I before I bought back in july

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your BMW 325I yourself? What have you tried so far?

New intake boot, new spark plugs, fresh oil change that's all. and yes im working on it my self

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that's all

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: BMW
12/20/2017
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 5 months ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
hello - why was the maf replaced?
fault code for maf
I checked for air leaks. and there Is none. the only thing I saw was a hole on the bottom of the air filter housing

what is the exact code?

what was your question specifically about this?

i don't remember. but my question is, what could cause my maf to go or not work properly? I mean I just got it yesterday plugged it in and nothing. I bought a used aftermarket one about 2 months ago. it worked for those 2 months and went.

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

it could be defective out of the box, or, it could be getting contaminated immediately due to some sort of oil or dirt having made its way into the air intake tract. or, the ecu could be bad, or there could be a wiring issue of some kind.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Steve
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert