BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

I have a 2011 Mini S. Key fob won’t come out. Car starts and…

Customer Question
I have a 2011...

I have a 2011 Mini Cooper S. Key fob won’t come out. Car starts and drives. Just won’t release the fob

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

Can’t its stuck!

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?

I’ve tried starting/stopping car engine. Fiddled with drive stick. Pulled REALKY hard

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: BMW
12/19/2017
BMW Mechanic: Kevin, BMW Mechanic replied 7 months ago
Kevin
Kevin, BMW Mechanic

Hi im kevin this isnt unusual unfortunately.in most cases pulling on key will release but it will happen again .the cartridge that the key goes into will need to be replaced as the wear .if key isnt coming out try to leave it in as not to damage leaving car unable to start .you will need to get cartridge replaced to cure this issue