BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

I have BMW 2011 750li three door will not unlock change main…

Customer Question
I have BMW 2011...

I have BMW 2011 750li three door will not unlock change main car battery two days ago and problem started today. Can only unlock driver door with FOB key.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you changed a battery before?

No this is first battery with discharging fast code.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 750li yourself? What have you tried so far?

I was trying to see what I can do, front right door can not be open so it is hard to get to fuse box.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Pulling handle from inside lock lack rises up but can not open door.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: BMW
12/19/2017
BMW Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 9 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

There were a couple of bulletins released on this issue here for your model.Both speak of replacing the battery in the remote key itself.It says no message may be seen that the battery is weak but the battery becomes weak in the remote causing this fault here.If this has not been checked or done yet I would have this checked into.If this was done already let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete