JayPutelis
JayPutelis, Shop Foreman/ BMW Master Tech
Experience:  14 yrs Experience; ASE Master Technician; ASE L1 Certified
31247390

I have a 2007 328I BMW My mirrors keep moving on there own?

I have a 2007 328I BMW
My mirrors keep moving on there own?
Open door they move
driving down the road they move
starting car they move
unlock car they move
both sides

Hi there,

Can you provide the last 7 digits of the VIN of the vehicle, so I can provide better assistance?

Thanks, JP

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks but I just fixed the problem cancel order please
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Kx71077

Hi, do you still need assistance? Or the order cancelled?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Need assistance
Please

This issue typically stems from the mirror electronics module failing. Since both mirrors are acting up, you will likely need to replace both modules, although since the drivers side is the master and the passenger side is the slave, sometimes you can get away with just replacing the drivers side module. The modules communicate on a LIN bus between each other; when one loses communication they cannot "speak" and will act erratically.

The part is number 5 in the diagram. http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=VA33-USA-09-2006-E90-BMW-328i&diagId=51_5704

The mirror glass needs to be removed to replace this electronic component, and is very fragile. If you are not comfortable removing it (it pops off and is held in by tabs) you may want to have a repair shop take care of the repair as the mirror glass is NOT cheap and easily breakable.

Hope this helps, please be sure to leave a positive rating, as this is the only way I receive credit for my work and time.

Thanks, JP

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Since I have the seat adj electric w/ memory I would need to order the***********

Yes, you are correct. 398 part number.