BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

BMW 1 series 116D sport 2014. When I connect usb cable into…

Customer Question
BMW 1 series 116D sport...
BMW 1 series 116D sport 2014. When I connect usb cable into audio interface and then my I phone 7 plus it shows as usb “not connected” on car display. Please help
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: BMW
12/17/2017
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 7 months ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
Have you tried a different phone?
No. I only have iPhone 7 Plus

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

please check all fuses if you have not, then unhook the vehicle battery for an hour and try a second phone.

if the second phone or device will also not be recognized, then there is likely a hardware or software issue with the vehicle. if another phone or device is recognized, then it is either a software or compatibility issue which might be rectified by a phone and/or car software refresh.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.