BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

I have a 2007 BMW 328i. The car doors will not lock. I have…

Customer Question
I have a 2007...

I have a 2007 BMW 328i. The car doors will not lock

Mechanic's Assistant: Is it your first time dealing with this issue?

I have a 2007 BMW 328i. The doors will not lock or unlock using the fob or the central locking button. Everything else is working fine. Is it most likely a fuse?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '07 BMW?

328i

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 328i yourself? What have you tried so far?

I will not be fixing it myself. Im just wondering if its going to be costly when I take it to the dealer

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I will not be fixing it myself but im wondering about the cost.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: BMW
12/15/2017
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 8 months ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
It can be a fuse but also can be a failed footwell module. I would start by checking fuses but if all fuses for locking (per your fuse card) are good, then it is likely the module. Fuses are behind a small panel in the glove box. Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.