BMW

BMW Questions? Ask a BMW Repair Expert for Answers.

BMW

My car alarm went off last night as I pulled into my

Customer Question
My car alarm went...

My car alarm went off last night as I pulled into my driveway. Also, the lights were flashing. I drove down the block and the horn quit sounding and after a couple of blocks the light quit flashing. Not sure what's up and didn't know how to turn it off. Any help would be appreciated. I have a 2005 R53 S.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?

I was still in the car at the time, but no I didn't try that.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2005 hatchback S

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Hatchback yourself? What have you tried so far?

It didn't do it today, but I don't know what caused the alarm to sound and just wondered if there was a button somewhere I could push.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

This is it for now although the car does have some other issues likely due to old age like myself.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: BMW
12/15/2017
BMW Mechanic: Marty, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician

Hi, my name is***** only way to reset the alarm on the Mini is to lock and unlock the car with the remote. It sounds like you experienced a glitch in the system. If this continues to happen you will need to get the car connected to a factory level scan tools to check for fault codes in the alarm system. Strange problems like this usually come down to water intrusion into a module.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Hi, just checking in. What did you find out?

Marty
Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician