BMW

BMW Questions? Ask a BMW Repair Expert for Answers.

BMW

I have a misfire in my 2009 mini s, but only in cylinders 1…

Customer Question
I have a misfire...

I have a misfire in my 2009 mini Cooper s, but only in cylinders 1 and 2, valves and head gasket have been replaced, as well as timing chain. It runs but the misfire is bad enough to keep it from running for more than 30 seconds

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue? What size is your engine?

It is the first time. 1.6 4 cylinder

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?

My mechanic is trying to fix it but we can't seem to find the problem. He checked the timing and replaced all of the valves, the head gasket, the timing chain (That's what caused the initial problem, the guide shattered to pieces in my engine)

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: BMW
12/13/2017
BMW Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 2 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you,I will try to help you with this issue

what is the fault showing at this time ,P0300 or we have specific P0301 P0302 ?

have you check the maf sensor , if you unplug maf and run it how does it run ?

what is the fuel pressure ?

lets start here and we go from there

P0503

ok dtc P0503 is The Vehicle speed sensor ,that will not cause the misfire ?it will cause shifting problems

what scanner you have to scan ,an obddII small scanner or mini / bmw capable

is there any other fault codes

who did this repair job ,head gasket and timing ,this job is not for the beginners and your chain better be 100% right

did you marks after repairs

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat