BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

Passenger door won't latch on 2006 750i. Pushing on the door…

Customer Question
Passenger door won't latch...

Passenger door won't latch on 2006 750i

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 750i yourself? What have you tried so far?

Pushing on the door latch

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: BMW
12/13/2017
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 7 months ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Is it a soft close door?
it is a soft close door
are you getting my information
hi sorry for the delay I got called away.
did you want to know possible causes or fixes for this issue?
that what I'm waiting on

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

this is a common problem and BMW has a service bulletin out for it. There are three possible causes:

Door latch

Door handle electronics (TAGE)

Software in the Door Module

the correction, depending on what testing determines, is to replace the latch or reprogram the software.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.