BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

I am trying to find information or a service bulletin on a…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to find information or a service bulletin on a battery replacement issue on a 2011 Mini Cooper Clubman S. the battery change causes a electrical component to short circuit. Many things simply do not work: pwr windows, turn signals, radio, clock and many more.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you changed a battery before?

I have had it changed by certified mechanic.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Clubman yourself? What have you tried so far?

No. I am not fixing it myself. I took the car to have the battery replaced. I am now being told to take it to a mini dealer to have an electrical module replaced.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I can't think of anything.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: BMW
I am being told by the Mini dealer that the repair can take as long as 5 hours. I am trying to locate a service bulletin that references the issue and the BMW Mini is covering the repair.
12/12/2017
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 4 months ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert

hi can you please clarify what exactly it is you are seeking?

I am trying to locate a service bulletin that references a battery change trigger the failure of a major electrical relay. BMW Mini supposed to cover the repair.

is there a specific bulletin number you are looking for?

That is what I am trying to find out?
A specific bulletin that references these issues.

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

there is no bulletin for this.

even if there was a bulletin, that does not mean BMW/MINI pays. BMW/MINI only pays for recalls.

I am sorry if you were hoping for a different answer but I trust that my honest and prompt reply is appreciated.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

did you have additional questions?
Steve
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert