BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

I have a 2001 325 Xi 222,000 miles, the front axle stopped…

Customer Question
I have a 2001...

I have a 2001 325 Xi 222,000 miles, the front axle stopped pulling, no power to the front axle.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Just started Saturday, consistent

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 325 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Have tried nothing

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: BMW
12/12/2017
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 7 months ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
What warning lights are on? Any?
Don't have even tool here
I'll have to try latet
sorry?
Don't have scan tool here.
Will have to try later.

I asked if there were warning lights on the dash?

No warning lights

sorry for the delay - has anything been checked?

in terms of physical checks of the driveline?

No

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

unless the front drive shaft fell out, this would suggest a failure of the transfer case such that it is no longer sending power to the front axle

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.